Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Visa

A little out of order, but I forgot to let the masses know that I now have my visa!!! Since the process of getting a French visa involves leaving your passport at the Embassy/Consulate, there was a lot of hoping and crossing of fingers that my documents would be mailed to me on time- or I wouldn't be able to leave the country!

The morning of my wisdom tooth extraction, UPS came to the door and delivered it (I've had to rush several medical appointments so that I would have them done in time to go abroad, so I have been pretty laid up for a few days with a sore and puffy face).  It was a little underwhelming, because all it was was a form that I had already filled out and given to the consulate with a small stamp in the corner.  Hey, at least it got here before their three week estimate (Friday, instead of Tuesday, which is today).

But that's not all!  Since it is a long stay visa (longer than 3 months), I am required to have a medical exam by a French doctor within the first 90 days of my visit or my visa expires.  Endless fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment