Saturday, August 29, 2015

Leaving

I'm stuck between believing this isn't real and being absolutely terrified.  On the one hand, the length of the preparations make it feel like it is just going to keep going- like there will be more paperwork, more waiting, more things to buy or pack.  But also, the reality is that tomorrow, at 2pm, I will fly to another continent to a country where I can almost speak enough of the language to get by.

I am going to assume (and hope) that this feeling will pass quickly, at least once I am there.  Earlier today, I booked a two hour walking tour of Lille (in French).  Since I will have most of the day to spend before I allow myself to sleep (have to fight that jet lag early), I figured it would be a good idea to see the city and immerse myself in French from the moment I arrive.

Even though I am a mess, at least my bags are packed and I'm excited (albeit nervous) to finally embark.  I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:


  1. Fear keeps the blood pumping, rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo! A quelle heure est-ce que tu arrives a Lille?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Environ 10h, mais ça dépend du heure du train. Je vais acheter le billet à CDG. Je vais participer à une visite pédestre a 15h.

      Delete